Same Day Music is an
authorized Epiphone dealer
Epiphone presents the Ltd. Ed. James Bay Signature "1966" Century Outfit, an incredibly accurate recreation of GRAMMY nominee James Bay's customized 1966 Epiphone Century archtop in an Gloss Cherry finish. Featuring a Kinman Noiseless "Sweet Neck" P-90, a reissue of the 60s-era compensated floating Rosewood bridge with brass wheels, a James Bay "Hat Man" headstock logo, Wilkinson Deluxe machine heads, USA made "CTS" 500K pots, and a reissue of an Epiphone '60s era hard case plus a hand-signed photo and custom strap.
Set Time Machine to 1966
The Ltd. Ed. James Bay Signature "1966" Century Outfit is both a time machine to the 60s and a near exact replica of Bay's customized stage and studio guitar. The Signature "1966" Century's Laminated Maple body top, back, and sides measure to the exact profile of Bay's original which was made at the historic Epiphone and Gibson factory Kalamazoo, Michigan in 1966. Bay's Signature "1966" Century is finished in a Cherry gloss finish with cream binding on the body top and back. The Mahogany neck is glued to the body at the 14th fret with a Mortise and Tenon joint and has the identical "C" profile and dimensions and Delrin ivory colored nut found on Bay's stage guitar. The pau ferro fingerboard has Mother of Pearl "Dot" inlays, a 25.5" scale length, and 20 medium frets. The historic Sloped Dovewing headstock has a 60s era Epiphone script logo in gold along with a James Bay Hat Man insignia. Bay's original Century serial number --385143-- is laser inscribed on the back.
Kinman Custom No Hum P-90 Pickup!
James Bay customized his Epiphone Signature "1966" Century archtop with the same hand-wound pickup he uses in his vintage Century, a Kinman "Sweet Neck" P-90 Hx Noiseless Single-Coil. Kinman pickups are world renown for their incredible sonic palate and "no hum" performance. Bay choose the Kinman for its classic P-90 tone and the additional reduction of hum necessary when playing the world's biggest outdoor festivals and indoor stages. The Kinman "Sweet Neck" P-90 Hx is the only P-90 style pickup currently in production that maintains the dynamic range and tonal characteristics of prized vintage Gibson P-90 pickups while providing hum free operation. The "1966" Century's Master Volume and Tone controls have Black Top Hat knobs with metal inserts and USA made CTS potentiometers.
The Ltd. Ed. James Bay Signature "1966" Century Outfit comes with vintage style 3-on-a-side Wilkinson Vintage machine heads with a 14:1 tuning radio and plastic Ivory buttons. The period correct long white pickguard has a raise metal "E" and the xBC" output jack is made by Switchcraft. Epiphone has also recreated the original compensated Floating Rosewood Bridge and brass adjustment wheels found on Bay's vintage '66 Century along with the nickel tailpiece. The Ltd. Ed. James Bay Signature "1966" Century Outfit is set up at the factory with world famous D'Addario strings and comes with a 60s-style hard case along with a Certificate of Authenticity, a James Bay photo hand-signed by Bay, and a recreation of Bay's custom homemade strap.
Like all Epiphones sold anywhere in the world, the Ltd. Ed. James Bay Signature Century "1966" Outfit comes with Epiphone's Limited Lifetime Warranty and free 24/7/365 Gibson customer service. The first run of the James Bay Signature Century Outfit is limited to just 600 guitars so visit your Authorized Epiphone Dealer today!
- Incredibly accurate recreation of James Bay's vintage '66 Century
- Kinman "Sweet Neck" P-90 Hx Noiseless Single-Coil
- Wilkinson deluxe machine heads and CTS electronics
- Certificate of Authenticity with hand-signed photo
- Includes 1960s style hard case and custom strap
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Finish: Gloss
- Hardware: Nickel
- Top: 3-Ply Laminated Maple
- Body: 3-Ply Laminated Maple
- Kerfing Material: Mahogany
- Neck: Mahogany
- Heel Cap: Mahogany
- Neck Joint: Glued; Mortise and Tenon; At 14th Fret
- Neck Profile: Original rounded "C" shape & dimensions
- Nut: Delrin
- Nut Width: 1.56"
- Nut Thickness: 6mm
- Fingerboard Riser: Maple
- Fingerboard Inlays: Mother of Pearl "Dots"; 7mm diameter
- Pickup: Kinman "Sweet Neck" P-90 Hx Noiseless Single-Coil
- Controls: Master Volume: CTS Potentiometer
- Master Tone: CTS Potentiometer
- Output Jack: Switchcraft 1/4"
- Truss Rod: Dual-Action
- Truss Rod Cover: Black PVC "Bullet"; 2-layer; Vintage "E" in Whie
- Neck Joint: Glued-In
- F'Brd Inlay: Pearloid "Dots"
- Headstock: Historic Sloped Dovewing with period-correct gold "Epiphone" logo
- Back of Headstock: Stamped James Bay "Hat Man" logo
- Tuners: Wilkinson Vintage 3-in-a-row with plastic Ivory buttons; 14:1 ratio
- Frets: 20; Medium
- Scale Length: 25.5"
- Strings: d'Addario; 10-46
- Bridge: Reissue of original compensation Floating Bridge; Rosewood with brass adjustment wheels
- Tailpiece: Historic Epiphone Trapeze
- Body Top - 1-Layer
- Body Back - 1-Layer
- Pickguard: White PVC with raised-metal "E"; 3-layer (White/Black/White)l; Original metal bracket shape
- Strap Buttons: Yes; Original locations
- Number: Stamped serial number "385144" on back of headstock; Same as James Bay's; Original "Blue" label inside with sequential serial number.
- Includes: 1960's Century Hard Case Part #940-66CEN1, Signed Certificate of Authenticity, Replica of James Bay's strap
- First Run: Limited to 600 pcs
Same Day Music is an authorized dealer of
- Shipping Weights and Dimensions
- Shipping Weight: 19 lbs